tel: 0794 1787227
Consulting Civil / Water Engineer and Expert Witness with particular expertise in water supply, sewage, sewerage, drainage, flooding, water engineering and related matters.
Located in south west England but assignments undertaken throughout the UK and worldwide.
SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE
- Over forty years experience covering all aspects of the water cycle. Engaged in the study, design, construction and operation of major and minor works of water resources, treatment, pumping, water supply and distribution and storage; surface water and storm water drainage including highway and land drainage, flood studies and flood prevention, sewers, sewerage systems, septic tanks, sewage treatment and pollution control. Employed in both public and private sectors including substantial experience overseas.
- Prepared “Expert Opinion” reports either in preliminary form or to CPR 35 in over 200 litigation or potential litigation cases. Oral evidence given in several civil, criminal, industrial tribunal and international arbitration proceedings. Participation in mediation and ADR. (A detailed list is available on request).
- Overseas missions as team leader / water / waste water / procurement and contracts expert on behalf of international funding institutions (European Union / World Bank / European Bank for Reconstruction and Development / European Investment Bank / Department for International Development / Danish Aid Agency / UNDP).
- Contract claims resolution including participation in mediation, conciliation, adjudication and arbitration procedures.
- Lecturer on water abstraction works, Water Training International 1989 – 1992
- External Examiner to, and Advisory Board for, B.Eng and M.Eng Civil Engineering degree courses, University of Glamorgan 1991 – 1995
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- BSc Civil Engineering, University of Leeds
- Fellow, Institution of Civil Engineers 1993
- Fellow, Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management 1992
- Member of the Supervising Panel of Engineers constituted under the Reservoirs Act 1975 (1988 – 2003)
- 2001 – Independent Consultant
- 1989- 2001 Divisional Director of Carl Bro Group (now Grontmij), a major European company of consulting engineers. Responsible for water engineering activities in the Bristol office.
- 1987-1989 Director, Haiste Ltd, a leading UK water industry consultancy. Became part of Carl Bro Group in 1988
- 1983-1987 Associate, Haiste International
- 1981-1983 Senior Engineer, Haiste International
- 1979-1981 Senior Engineer, Sir M MacDonald and Partners (now Mott MacDonald)
- 1972-1979 Senior Engineer, Haiste and Partners
- 1971-1972 Assistant Resident Engineer, Liverpool Corporation Waterworks
- 1966-1971 Assistant Engineer, Oxfordshire and District Water Board
Tel: 0794 1787227
4 The Old Quarry, Arlington, Bibury, Cirencester GL7 5ND, UK